When going through a rough patch in your relationship, you may find yourself in a negative spiral: feeling lonely, doubts about if you are with the right person, anger, resentment, despair…
It becomes easy to search for and to find everything that is wroing with you, your partner, and the situation.
If you want to break free from the negative spiral, try this approach: Every morning, write down five things that you are grateful for. Even when you don’t feel like it, make yourself do it (build discipline). Even when you can’t seem to find anything worth being grateful for, challenge yourself to look deeper, look futher. I guarantee that you will find them.
What am I grateful for today:
1. The blue sky, warm sun and the orange-yellow colours of the leaves on the trees.
2. My morning cup of coffee.
3. Feeling strong and energized this morning.
4. My core group of friends and family.
5. That it is getting better with every step each day.